- Student organizations are required to register annually with the Student Organization Office (SOO). Registration is necessary to reserve space in Memorial Union, Union South, and campus classrooms. Registration as a student organization covers only the school year in which the student organization is registered.
- In general, student organizations are restricted to reserving one "large room" per month except when "large rooms" are still available two weeks or less in advance of the date. Large rooms include Great Hall and Tripp Commons in Memorial Union, and rooms 109, 140, and 240 at Union South.
- Student organizations that operate on a continuous ongoing basis and are interested in making a reservation for a "large room" beyond the school year may submit an application for a given "large room" to the Central Reservations Office. This application should include a description of the proposed event and the reason the event should be reserved beyond the normal 12-month period. Registered organizations may submit requests for "large room" reservations up to 18 months in advance.
- University departments may make advance reservations but are encouraged not to make reservations more than 18 months in advance.
- Recurring events, such as Alumni Weekend, Graduation, Homecoming, UW Foundation events, Hoofer Ski Resale, Tudor Dinner Concerts, etc., will be scheduled as requests for such events are received.
- Union members are permitted to reserve space up to 18 months in advance.
- During the academic year (exclusive of vacation periods) the Central Reservations Office will accept only one Union member reservation per month for Friday and Saturday nights for Great Hall and for Tripp Commons.
- Advance reservations for "large rooms" at Union South can be made at any time.
For interpretations, resolution of problems, and special situations contact: Wisconsin Union Assistant Director-Facilities Management