The student/theater lounge is primarily intended to be available to students and other Union members and their guests as an open gathering space for conversation, study, and relaxation. However, occasional use of the space for events and programs that would benefit from the space will be allowed within the guidelines listed below.
Guidelines for Assigned Use of the Student/Theater Lounge
In order to preserve the functionality of the space for its intended use as a student/theater lounge, assignments of activities that are not open to all students and other Union members and guests will be strictly limited.
- In general, activities assigned to the student/theater lounge will meet the following conditions:
- The event has particular significance to a Wisconsin Union Theater program (i.e, pre/post-event, intermission concessions, informational displays, and theater event merchandise sales).
- Students and Union members who are simultaneously using the lounge will not be relocated.
- Other considerations:
- All student/theater lounge assignments must be approved by the Campus Event Services Office (CESO) Director or designee.
- In general, the space is available for use “as is.”
- Appeals will be reviewed by the Assistant Director-Facilities or designee.
- All other building use guidelines, policies, and procedures governing space use will apply.
- When the lounge is not available for general use, signage must be posted at the entrances to the lounge the day of.
For interpretations, resolution of problems, and special situations contact: Wisconsin Union Assistant Director-Facilities Management