An outing to Picnic Point has long been a tradition for many Madisonians. There are six reservable fire circles on Picnic Point for visitors to enjoy a warm fire or cook a picnic meal.
Before you reserve a fire circle, please review Visitor Etiquette below:
- Fires are only allowed in designated fire circles.
- Wood is provided for free at racks found between fire circles. Please be conservative with wood use.
- Do not bring wood into the Preserve; it may harbor destructive insects or diseases.
- Do not collect wood from the Preserve to burn; woody debris is essential for healthy woodlands.
- Each fire circle is equipped with a cooking grate.
- Charcoal and charcoal grills are not allowed.
- Catered events are not allowed.
- Vehicles may not be used to transport people or supplies to fire circles. The main Picnic Point path is wheelchair accessible.
- Fires must be extinguished by 10PM, when the Preserve closes. Please take the time to completely put out your campfire, it could prevent a wildfire.
- Fire circles are intended for University and personal use. Businesses or non-University of Wisconsin organizations wishing to hold a public event will require further authorization.