- Ride Madison Metro (purchase an annual UW employee bus pass) and/or the fare-free campus bus system.
- Park in a visitor garage and pay the hourly rate.
- Park in a timed parking stall and pay the hourly rate.
- Purchase a temporary daily (all day / half day) permit.
- Purchase a monthly permit (valid for one month); availability varies.
- Use an emeriti pass to park in visitor garages/ramps (pass is good for a maximum of 24 uses during the fiscal year—July 1 through June 30 of the following year). Transportation Services provides the pass; emeriti are limited to one pass per parking year.
- The emeriti pass does NOT guarantee a stall if the visitor garage/ramp sign indicates the lot is “Full.” Pass not valid in lots staffed for special events.
- Emeriti employed in any capacity by the UW may participate in the annual priority parking assignment system and purchase a base lot, Flex, UW DIS or park & ride permit. Emeriti may also purchase a night, afternoon, motorcycle, or moped permit directly online.
- Park in campus lots free to the public after 4:30 pm or all day Saturday/Sunday.
Departments may provide parking for emeriti who are volunteering or providing other services to the University.
- Use a department limited permit when parked on campus (specific lot).
- Park in a department reserved stall (as authorized by department).
- Use a service permit to park in a signed service stall.
- Use a validation– pull a ticket at the entrance to the garage and insert ticket and pass at exit. Department billed for parking. Parking not guaranteed if the visitor garage/ramp sign indicates the lot is “full.”
- Use a value permit–department purchases pass in advance; use the value pass to enter and exit the parking garage. Parking is guaranteed with a value permit.
- Authorized affiliates (UW Hospital/Medical Foundation, Wisconsin State Historical Society, Wisconsin Alumni Association, and UW Systems emeriti from all campuses other than Madison) may purchase/provide annual bus passes or visitor parking for/to emeriti or retired staff by calling UW Transportation Services in advance and ordering them. Permits are sold on a space available basis.