- Patients/clients scheduling an appointment associated with a late cancellation or a no-show will be informed of the fee.
- Patients/clients who need to cancel an appointment with a no-show or late cancellation fee must call the clinic before 5 p.m. the day prior to the appointment.
- Failure to cancel before 5 p.m. the day prior to the appointment will result in a late cancellation fee.
- Missing a scheduled appointment without calling the clinic will result in a no-show fee.
- If patients arrive 10 or more minutes late to their appointment, the appointment will be considered a no-show and they will be assessed a no-show fee.
- Patients/clients disputing no-show/late cancellation fees may do so in writing by completing the No Show/Late Cancel Fee Appeal Form located on the UHS website within 14 days of the missed appointment. Disputes are to be submitted to the Budget and Finance office and will then be routed to the appropriate director and will be reviewed by the UHS Appeals Committee. Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances (with appropriate documentation) including sickness/medical emergency or a personal or family emergency such as a death in the family or auto accident.
- University Health Services will bill patients/clients in accordance with UHS billing policy.
Forms Used: No Show/Late Cancel Fee Appeal Form