- The Accessible Circulator Shuttle (“service”) is available to university employees, students, and visitors with mobility disabilities and other mobility issues, whether permanent or temporary. The service provides on-call and pre-scheduled rides and serves as a supplement to the campus bus. Customers should not use the service for reasons other than a mobility need in order to reserve the service for customers needing mobility assistance.
- The service only serves UW-owned and operated buildings on the UW-Madison campus. The service area boundary and operating days and hours are posted on the UW-Madison Transportation Services website.
- The service provides curb-to-curb or door-to-door service, as needed. The service provides accessible vehicles and wheelchair tie-downs.
- There are no fees to users of the service and there is no required pre-registration or eligibility certification.
- Ride requests should be submitted in advance and at a minimum of no less than one hour prior to the desired pick-up time. The service makes every effort to accommodate desired pick-up times but may not be able to do so during peak times. Customers should provide a 20-minute window (10 minutes before and 10 minutes after the desired time) for their preferred pick-up time.
- Drop off at the selected location may take up to 30 minutes after the pick-up time, depending on service usage, traffic conditions, and other parameters outside the service’s control.
Customers should specify whether they require a wheelchair tie down when requesting the ride to ensure an appropriate vehicle is dispatched. When it comes time to board the vehicle, customers should also provide driver any instructions regarding boarding assistance or handling of their wheelchair/mobility equipment.